Ow. Oops…

It took two years to get my boards back. I wasn’t in a hurry. Another six months of holding onto it before putting it back into the cabinet.

And approximately two minutes to blow it up. :p I’d converted the board to use a switching power supply. I had not converted the cabinet until today.

I looked at the schematics quickly and (falsely) confident that I was correct, flipped the switch. Weird graphics, no sync, constant wrong sound, and then *pop*.

I swapped the +5VDC and +12VDC. I was thinking like a JAMMA pinout. It’s reversed on a Galaxian board.

Now I’ve got to figure out what got killed. I imagine there will be a lot. 🙁

Leave a comment