Slow progress

I used electrolysis to strip down/derust all the marquee bracket, and repainted them. They’re a 100% improvement over what I started with.

I could not get the CP bolts off without snapping three of them. Luckily I have another set on the way from a KLOV member.

I painted the button hardware with an aluminum color paint. Much better than the rust.

Also painted the top of the CP a semi-gloss black. Over the years it turned from black to a disgusting brown.

I’m going to rewire the CP. Right now for whatever reason there’s at least three different grounds. The original connector is extremely fragile, I’ve already broken two pins in the connector. I’ll change it to Molex. I’m contemplating changing the connectors on the boardset to a single edge connector, but may not. We’ll see.

Leave a comment